About Me

Thursday, 24 October 2019

Avicii: Wake Me Up



Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a (1) ________ heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm (2) _____ __ in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

So (3) _____ me __ when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was ________ myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost

So (4) _____ me __ when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was (5) ________ myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost


I tried (6) ________ the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
Wish that I could stay forever (7)_____ _____
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is a prize


So (8) _____ me __ when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was (9) ________ myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost

So (10) _____ me __ when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was (11) ________ myself, and I
I didn't know I was lost

I didn't know I was lost
(x 3)



QUESTIONS

1.  How many phrasal verbs are there in the song?

2. Give two examples of an adjective in its comparative form (superiority).

3. How many present participles can you find here?

4. In some sentences the subject is omitted, why?

5. Is there any idiomatic expression? Which one(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.